And we are back with another voice from the writing community. Once again, I have brought a very unique writer. I feel very privileged to interview yet another writer. Never did I thought when I started this section would I have imagined to encounter such fabulous people from the four corners of the world. With her precious advice on health, lifestyle and unending optimism, I now welcome on-board:
The writer of the day hails from India and writes essentially to inform people about innovation in healthy diet patterns and our living habits. She expresses also her concern on environmental issues and displays an optimistic point of view even against depressing problems. Let’s see what she has to say:
- Hello M.S. Arora. Thank you for taking out the time for answering some questions. I had the opportunity to go through your blog. It is quite a medley of topics you treat in your writing ranging from environment to lifestyle. So, why not enlighten us on you as a writer and as an individual.
First if all I would like to say thank you for giving me this opportunity to express myself as an writer and contributor on your website. I started my blog about one and half year ago. It was the time when due to my illness I was at home. I took leave from my job for few months. Since I have been into teaching for so many years, it was difficult for me to spend time at home. One day my son told me to try blogging as I have always been keen interested in writing. So I started blogging. My experience as a teacher helped me a lot as I was writing scripts for various school programmes. It became easy for me to write and express myself on this platform. As a person, I have always been looking opportunities to learn more in my life. To me, there is no age to learn as it is a never ending process.
- You often referred to the Godrej Food Trends Report of 2018 on Indian pattern of consumption and quoted snippets of Indian scriptures likewise in your analysis of the eating habits and preferences of the Indian population. Why specifically those sources and not others? Are you confident that people will readily shift from their actual eating style to new modes of healthy consumption? Could you please share here with us some advice you would give to the people all around the world on habits of eating?
So many questions in one question! (smiling)
I would like to give a reply to all.
Yes, I have written few posts based on Godrej Food Trends Report as part of their blogging contest. This report is prepared by well known chefs nutritionists, dietitians of India.
- Personally, I feel diet has lot of impacts on our thoughts, feelings and our physical, mental and spiritual health. I have reading articles about food and Ayurveda where it is really important. Moreover, I have observed in my real life also that place, environment and thoughts play a major role while eating food. It is well described in Hindu scriptures too. Moreover, in Christianity also they say grace before eating food. I have found it appropriate to the article, so I have added. it is nothing in particular to Hindu scriptures. I am also planning to read other religious scriptures too.
- Yes, sooner or later they have to if they want to cope with today’s stressful life.
- I think everyone knows how important the healthy food habits are but we are not ready to accept this fact. We are ignoring this by putting our health at stake. There are many people who are following it and know the kind of positive results they’re getting. So, it’s better not to be late. I really suggest that one should try Buddha bowl as it gives an immense pleasure while eating and secondly, do eat at home with your home with your family in spite of your busy schedule.
- I read your posts concerning environmental issues. Even if the points you stated in some posts were not new, you would still emphasise on your statistical data, pushing towards reflection on the urgency of the situation in your country. In a post, you even spoke of a new idea to reduce paper wastage. I would like you to tell us what advice would you give to Indian readers out there to safeguard their environment and limit the effects of pollution?
I think we shouldn’t wait for our government or the authorities to take an initiative or make some rules. After all it is about us and our planet. Everyone should be concerned about their own contribution towards environment. I myself have limited the use of plastic bags and have started recycling the plastic bottles and containers at home rather than buying new ones. I strongly believe that only individual efforts by masses can bring a change in the society.
- Your quotes are filled with unlimited optimism telling people to have good thoughts and energy. How do you manage to keep a ‘positive attitude’ at all costs? What is your secret?
I have no idea but I have experienced a few things in my life and felt that it is only our perspective and how to take the things in life is solely the reason of our happiness and sadness. The glass is half full or half empty is the decision or creation of our mind only.
- I went through your short stories and Haiku poems. I was quite impressed by how much you proved yourself to be versatile in your writing passion. Some short stories were really heart-wrenching with a very profound human touch. Do you aim to become published? What are your aims behind this type of writing?
I really liked your art of asking questions (laughs) again 2 in 1 . Hope you don’t mind my way of giving answers. I must appreciate your effort to read my poems and stories. Some of these are inspired by life incidents or my imagination. That is why I say there is something for everyone in my blog and you can feel connected with it.
I have not taken any any step to become a published author yet, but yes may be in future I give a thought to it. I would like to write something that could inspire the lives of people in different ways. Something that prepare and teach the people how to cope with adverse situations in day to day life easily. This are just thoughts in my mind, still there is a long way to go.
Thank you for putting up lots of efforts and inspiring the upcoming writers and bloggers to showcase their talents on you site. Giving them a chance to fly high with the wings of words
M.S. Arora in Meet the Writers
It was again a lovely intervention from M.S. Arora. She is a very enthusiast blogger and passionate about she does. Thanks for M.S. Arora for featuring in my interview. We can see that she is really concerned about the health of people, the environment in which they live and their lifestyle. With her refreshing quotes, you’ll grow a sweet smile on your face, with her short stories, you will learn about the great individual she is and her delicious food tips will definitely make you fall in love with the notion of healthy and well balanced diet.
As far as you literary productions are concerned, I wish you luck if you want to get published. Keep on the good work because it is way too good. Please continue to share with us your unyielding optimism and thoughtful advice.
So, guys, interested in taking a look and support her writings? Please support the writer of the day by following her blog:
This interview was phenomenal. Want to tell something to the author or ask anything? Please leave you questions in the comments section. The author will be pleased to answer them.
M.S. Arora has plenty of positive energy which she readily shares with her readers. Whether her quotes, poems, posts on healthy food or environment, her words is a genuine attestation to the fact that she really is concerned by the way things are going and wants to contribute the stepping stone that will help towards a change. It is a wind of revolution which is slowly gaining intensity, so beware because she is going to be a landmark in overturning bad habits of life.
It was fun time doing this interview. We will be back for another episode, till then please continue to follow the further editions of Meet the Writers on Young Writers and Poets. A special thanks to Flyhiee who is bringing those marvellous voices to us. Find this interview on his site as well. If you are also interested in being interviewed, please drop in a message by mailing me on email@example.com or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and get a chance to be interviewed.
Till we meet our next writer, I hope we meet soon. Have a nice day ahead.