Dear followers, For some time now, I will be posting on my new blog! To follow my posts, click here: The Writer’s Destiny If you have any suggestions, comments or message do put in the… More
Hi everyone Human being is considered as social animal because we are surrounded by numerous relationships like father, mother, brother, sister and many more. These all relationships are chosen by god for us as we don’t have choice to select our father or mother😜 except one relationship that is friendship🤗 We choose friends by our […]
And we are back with another voice from the writing community. Once again, I have brought a very unique writer. I feel very privileged to interview yet another writer. Never did I thought when I started this section would I have imagined to encounter such fabulous people from the four corners of the world. With her precious advice on health, lifestyle and unending optimism, I now welcome on-board:
The writer of the day hails from India and writes essentially to inform people about innovation in healthy diet patterns and our living habits. She expresses also her concern on environmental issues and displays an optimistic point of view even against depressing problems. Let’s see what she has to say:
- Hello M.S. Arora. Thank you for taking out the time for answering some questions. I had the opportunity to go through your blog. It is quite a medley of topics you treat in your writing ranging from environment to lifestyle. So, why not enlighten us on you as a writer and as an individual.
First if all I would like to say thank you for giving me this opportunity to express myself as an writer and contributor on your website. I started my blog about one and half year ago. It was the time when due to my illness I was at home. I took leave from my job for few months. Since I have been into teaching for so many years, it was difficult for me to spend time at home. One day my son told me to try blogging as I have always been keen interested in writing. So I started blogging. My experience as a teacher helped me a lot as I was writing scripts for various school programmes. It became easy for me to write and express myself on this platform. As a person, I have always been looking opportunities to learn more in my life. To me, there is no age to learn as it is a never ending process.
- You often referred to the Godrej Food Trends Report of 2018 on Indian pattern of consumption and quoted snippets of Indian scriptures likewise in your analysis of the eating habits and preferences of the Indian population. Why specifically those sources and not others? Are you confident that people will readily shift from their actual eating style to new modes of healthy consumption? Could you please share here with us some advice you would give to the people all around the world on habits of eating?
So many questions in one question! (smiling)
I would like to give a reply to all.
Yes, I have written few posts based on Godrej Food Trends Report as part of their blogging contest. This report is prepared by well known chefs nutritionists, dietitians of India.
- Personally, I feel diet has lot of impacts on our thoughts, feelings and our physical, mental and spiritual health. I have reading articles about food and Ayurveda where it is really important. Moreover, I have observed in my real life also that place, environment and thoughts play a major role while eating food. It is well described in Hindu scriptures too. Moreover, in Christianity also they say grace before eating food. I have found it appropriate to the article, so I have added. it is nothing in particular to Hindu scriptures. I am also planning to read other religious scriptures too.
- Yes, sooner or later they have to if they want to cope with today’s stressful life.
- I think everyone knows how important the healthy food habits are but we are not ready to accept this fact. We are ignoring this by putting our health at stake. There are many people who are following it and know the kind of positive results they’re getting. So, it’s better not to be late. I really suggest that one should try Buddha bowl as it gives an immense pleasure while eating and secondly, do eat at home with your home with your family in spite of your busy schedule.
- I read your posts concerning environmental issues. Even if the points you stated in some posts were not new, you would still emphasise on your statistical data, pushing towards reflection on the urgency of the situation in your country. In a post, you even spoke of a new idea to reduce paper wastage. I would like you to tell us what advice would you give to Indian readers out there to safeguard their environment and limit the effects of pollution?
I think we shouldn’t wait for our government or the authorities to take an initiative or make some rules. After all it is about us and our planet. Everyone should be concerned about their own contribution towards environment. I myself have limited the use of plastic bags and have started recycling the plastic bottles and containers at home rather than buying new ones. I strongly believe that only individual efforts by masses can bring a change in the society.
- Your quotes are filled with unlimited optimism telling people to have good thoughts and energy. How do you manage to keep a ‘positive attitude’ at all costs? What is your secret?
I have no idea but I have experienced a few things in my life and felt that it is only our perspective and how to take the things in life is solely the reason of our happiness and sadness. The glass is half full or half empty is the decision or creation of our mind only.
- I went through your short stories and Haiku poems. I was quite impressed by how much you proved yourself to be versatile in your writing passion. Some short stories were really heart-wrenching with a very profound human touch. Do you aim to become published? What are your aims behind this type of writing?
I really liked your art of asking questions (laughs) again 2 in 1 . Hope you don’t mind my way of giving answers. I must appreciate your effort to read my poems and stories. Some of these are inspired by life incidents or my imagination. That is why I say there is something for everyone in my blog and you can feel connected with it.
I have not taken any any step to become a published author yet, but yes may be in future I give a thought to it. I would like to write something that could inspire the lives of people in different ways. Something that prepare and teach the people how to cope with adverse situations in day to day life easily. This are just thoughts in my mind, still there is a long way to go.
Thank you for putting up lots of efforts and inspiring the upcoming writers and bloggers to showcase their talents on you site. Giving them a chance to fly high with the wings of words
M.S. Arora in Meet the Writers
It was again a lovely intervention from M.S. Arora. She is a very enthusiast blogger and passionate about she does. Thanks for M.S. Arora for featuring in my interview. We can see that she is really concerned about the health of people, the environment in which they live and their lifestyle. With her refreshing quotes, you’ll grow a sweet smile on your face, with her short stories, you will learn about the great individual she is and her delicious food tips will definitely make you fall in love with the notion of healthy and well balanced diet.
As far as you literary productions are concerned, I wish you luck if you want to get published. Keep on the good work because it is way too good. Please continue to share with us your unyielding optimism and thoughtful advice.
So, guys, interested in taking a look and support her writings? Please support the writer of the day by following her blog:
This interview was phenomenal. Want to tell something to the author or ask anything? Please leave you questions in the comments section. The author will be pleased to answer them.
M.S. Arora has plenty of positive energy which she readily shares with her readers. Whether her quotes, poems, posts on healthy food or environment, her words is a genuine attestation to the fact that she really is concerned by the way things are going and wants to contribute the stepping stone that will help towards a change. It is a wind of revolution which is slowly gaining intensity, so beware because she is going to be a landmark in overturning bad habits of life.
It was fun time doing this interview. We will be back for another episode, till then please continue to follow the further editions of Meet the Writers on Young Writers and Poets. A special thanks to Flyhiee who is bringing those marvellous voices to us. Find this interview on his site as well. If you are also interested in being interviewed, please drop in a message by mailing me on firstname.lastname@example.org or send an email to email@example.com and get a chance to be interviewed.
Till we meet our next writer, I hope we meet soon. Have a nice day ahead.
Welcome back friends for a great post accompanied with another wonderful creation in poetry. So, basically, what happiness evokes to you? Yes, I know, the various pleasures life can offer. We all go through several difficult challenges some becoming tragedies in our lives. Happiness is somewhat elusive, ethereal, not long-lived, because it fades away and it is natural. As life and death, you can consider it a cyclic event of happiness-sadness. Have you never noticed? You may be sad or morose because something is not alright for you but the people around might be smiling and laughing. These two dual emotions co-exist, and they alternate just as winter dies out to make place for summer, sadness is somewhat subdued in the long run to give place to happiness. Thus, Happiness is a precious gift, one given like much more by an altogether cosmic being out there and even if you do not believe in the existence of a supernatural force well beyond our limits of our understanding. Just not bother about that, think it rather like a magical feeling which soothes our pain and give rise to new rays of hope.
In my poem, I rather translate the feelings of a persona who really love (what kind of love depends on your perception) a certain person called Mary who wish her all happiness and not even an ounce of sadness. Already, we can only imagine how much that voice loves the individual referred to as Mary in the poem. It is also a call for hope for a better world, but let’s rather enjoy the poem:
Don’t forget your happiness, Mary!
Mary, Mary at this time,
Merry all along the way
Wish should you never say
‘What’s the date today?’
Enjoy the busy party till nine
Oh! What’s there to worry?
Don’t look away from your friends
Ah! To your duties should you not fend
Groove to this rhythm with no end
In this world for you, there’s no hurry
Mary, Mary at this instance,
Overwrought with this light in your mind
Free yourself; the chains you do not find
Your industrious self to which you bind
My Mary, overlook their importance!
Oh! Don’t you tie you back?
To the endless paths you err for peace
Are living as if on lease
Feel the freshness of the inner trees
In this world for you, can there be no more lack
But we are all destined to the slavery
Fated to this swift universe, my poor Mary!
Post your impression in the comments. Keep following Young Writers and Poets.
An analysis of Education. Find it exclusively on Pencliff!
Welcome back again after a very long time, dear followers and readers, for another great voice rising from this blogosphere. I am stupefied in the long run how much this virtual world houses such valuable stories; seeming almost like a great virtual library formed by WordPress. This time, I have come across an altogether different writer from what we are used to. With her unique story, incredible strength, resistance and unaltered determination, I now introduce you to:
Our writer of the day hails from Houston, Texas, United States and uses her writing to fight her condition and raise awareness among people about diseases and stress on the importance of a healthy and well balanced lifestyle. I now let her express herself:
- Hello Valerie. I’m much pleased that you could take out some time to answer some of my questions. The first post I stumbled on while visiting your blog was your health state. I was quite surprised because it was not the kind of posts I usually encounter on blogs. So, could you tell us more of yourself as a person and as a writer.What do you intend to achieve with your writing?
I’m a single mom of two boys aged 16 and 13. I’ve been writing gosh, since I could remember! My mom taught me how to write in manuscript and cursive before I even started grade school. I am the eldest of four daughters and also grew up in a single-parent home, so journal writing became my escape. I’ve been writing ever since. I’ve written many pieces, from children’s books to Erotica Romance. I started blogging about five years ago on another platform as another way to keep me distracted from the recent storms I’ve found myself travelling. Hopefully, someone out there can either learn from my mistakes and experiences, or become inspired to break themselves free of any trials and struggles they may be going through or encountering.
- In my biology class, I remember (although it is not clear now) having studied about heart conditions like angina, stroke and thrombosis. I never heard before about Congestive Heart Failure. Could you tell us more about this condition? What advice would you give to people who suffer from the same condition? How did you diagnose the condition?
Angina, stroke, thrombosis are all things that can fall under or lead to Congestive Heart Failure. It involves anything that could potentially cause your heart to become damaged and start performing poorly or not at all. My advice to anyone who has it to LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTOR! If your diet has to change, CHANGE IT! Take your medicines and when they are supposed to be taken. Once your heart is severely damaged it’s very hard to get it back to where it needs to be. My pacemaker will be in my chest for another ten years or until it needs to be changed to another one. When I found out I had Congestive Heart Failure I had a heart attack. What I thought was a real bad cold keeping me from going to sleep and breathing heavily turned out to be an extreme amount of fluid around my heart and damaged heart walls. The other main symptoms were dyspnea, or shortness of breathe, a swollen stomach, and high blood pressure. One thing I learned is to never attempt to self medicate or “self nurse” yourself back to health; seek medical attention!
- Upon that, you suffer from other health difficulties like Obstructive Sleep Apnea. How do manage with all that? What health objectives have you fixed to cope with these conditions to prevent further health complications? Are you successfully sticking to them?
I have to sleep with a machine called a CPap machine for the Sleep Apnea. Basically, every night I stop breathing over 200 times from my pallet (the little piece of flesh at the back of the throat) which closes off air flow. This sends the heart into tachycardia, and your brain has a hard time receiving oxygen. I have to wear my mask to my machine anytime my body will be resting. My diet totally changed! I have to watch my sodium intake, I can’t drink more than 1.5L of fluid a day, and I have lots of medication to take as well. Being homeless and having no money makes it really difficult to follow through with all of this, but I utilise my resources best I can. I also have a very loving and helpful family and close friends. They have really helped in taking care of me!
- In all this, tell us whether your writing helps to ease your health problems? I also saw that you clearly stated your aim to be published so I will not ask the question. Actually the question here would be with what motivation do you aim to get published?
Writing is my PASSION! Just the physical act of it is soothing. Like to be honest I would have preferred to write all of this on paper and place it in an envelope and mail! lol It’s therapeutic, it allows me to express myself without becoming flustered and angry, and it relieves a tremendous amount of stress! My motivation is my BOYS! As a parent I have to set the BEST example I can for my children. I want them to see how important it is to NEVER give up on yourself or your dreams! I want them to understand that you can allow your circumstances to break you, or you can use them to build you and help you grow to be a better person. Of course, I’m also aiming to become published because I am disabled. My doctors have established it’s best for me not to work, or my conditions will get worse. I’ve got to get some type of residual in my life if I’m going to survive!
- I heard one of your YouTube video called the ‘Valerie Ascending A Sneak Peek’. How does your YouTube channel help to deliver your philosophy of life?
I believe my YouTube channels gives my audience a chance to see my authenticity. It gives them a chance to get a better connection with me and who I am as a person. I’m going through a lifestyle change, and sometimes it’s hard to put those words and expressions on paper! I also think that not everyone wants to read, so again this is another platform I’m using to get my content out there to the world!
Valerie Petry in Meet the Writers
So, this was our writer of the day interview. Actually, I do not know where to start? First of all, I wholeheartedly thanks Valerie for willing to feature in my interview. There’s so much to say about Valerie. She is a true fighter. Personally, the difficulties faced in her life like her much fragile health serves as reminder to tell us to enjoy good health and how much it is important to preserve it. I cannot fathom how much pain and hurdles you encountered along the way but Valerie, from the whole blogosphere including me, I wish you more strength and strong will to keep up the good job and carry on to shed light to our readers out there on how much it is crucial to prioritise our health and life.
Through her words, we really feel that struggle and the unyielding wish to live and leave a potential legacy for the future generation. It is quite unusual that I come across a writer who has suffered so much but yet uses her experiences in her writing.
My advice to Readers: Do not ignore your health. It is essential. Take breaks when needed and continue with your exercises. Good health is a gift of God which we need to treasure as the gem it is.
If you want to support the writer of the day, follow and visit her blog for nice tips to remain healthy and great poems and short stories:
It was a pleasure carrying out this interview and should you have any questions of your own to address to the author, please leave them in the comments section. It will be a pleasure for her to answer your questions.
The story of Valerie can leave no individual indifferent. It gives a new perspective on life; one which you should live to the fullest. Her story is an inspiration for many and should encourage people from similar conditions not to adopt defeatist attitudes towards life but give it one more chance with a new zeal and healthy approach.
On this note, I wish her a very good continuation on the way she is threading. Please continue to follow Meet the Writers edition on Young Writers and Poets to know more on the writers and their stories on my blog. Special thanks to Flyhiee who brought to us the writer of the day and do find this interview on his site as well. If you are interested in appearing the interview, please send me a mail on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and get your chance to be interviewed.
Till we meet our next splendid talent, I hope to meet you all very soon. I wish you a nice day ahead.
Deadline extended. If anyone wants to showcase his talents, it’s the right time!!
Foolchund Saahil is a writer and literature graduate and has written lovely poems on his blog youngwritersandpoets, also he is a Author & Communications Manager at Virtual Library blog Can you tell readers about yourself and your blog? Hello everyone! This […]
Find my interview in detail on Alien Poet’s blog.